www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: DW: how to set an editable region in part of the code

Inga. is offline Motstånd är meningslöst

DW: how to set an editable region in part of the code

I'm using dreamweaver to build a site. I created a template and set my content editable regions just fine as usual. However, I have come against an issue that I can't figure out how to resolve and googling hasn't been much use.

I am following the instructions from a tutorial for setting an active state on a css rollover sprite menu. The rollover bit works just fine. The issue I come up against is the tutorial wants me to set an ID for each page in the <body> tag. (tutorial instructions are here so you can see what I am referring to [URL="http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/active-state-in-css-navigations/[/URL] )

Is that possible to do in DW with editable regions and not have the entire page be one giant editable region, thus defeating the purpose of having a template in the first place or is there another, better way? You guys are very tricky, so I imagine someone knows a trick for this and can pass it on to a very untricky me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inga. View Post
    I'm using dreamweaver to build a site. I created a template and set my content editable regions just fine as usual. However, I have come against an issue that I can't figure out how to resolve and googling hasn't been much use.

I am following the instructions from a tutorial for setting an active state on a css rollover sprite menu. The rollover bit works just fine. The issue I come up against is the tutorial wants me to set an ID for each page in the <body> tag. (tutorial instructions are here so you can see what I am referring to [URL="http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/active-state-in-css-navigations/[/URL] )

Is that possible to do in DW with editable regions and not have the entire page be one giant editable region, thus defeating the purpose of having a template in the first place or is there another, better way? You guys are very tricky, so I imagine someone knows a trick for this and can pass it on to a very untricky me.
    You don't want a textarea?
    You are trying to make an editable DIV? Then give the DIV an id.

Have you tried creating an additional editable region for the ID declaration? (I haven't messed with templates in DW in some years so it may not be possible).

Inga. is offline Motstånd är meningslöst
    Quote Originally Posted by criterion9 View Post
    Have you tried creating an additional editable region for the ID declaration? (I haven't messed with templates in DW in some years so it may not be possible).
    I'm not the greatest nerd ever, so I am not certain what that means. Is there a link you can send me to or a quick explanation?

Also, which editors are people using these days? We have switched to using drupal often (which has nearly driven me insane) and don't use dw all that much lately. Is there something better to use? I only use it because it came with cs4.

Thread Information