www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Best software for Rapid Web Application Development

Best software for Rapid Web Application Development

Im about to start a web project, and was wondering what the best tool to do it would be.

It needs to be online and needs to be developed fast (almost no coding, just GUI dev).

So far I've thought of:

DotNetNuke: Great except when it comes to report printing, would have to code it. And it runs a bit slow overall.

Sharepoint: Custom modules need GUI coded manually, and I hate smartparts.

SugarCRM: Great for printing, allows customized modules, but I'm running into bugs while customizing (panels wont rename, relationships problems etc...) makes me feel uneasy.

SalesForce and SageCRM: Heard a lot of good comments on SalesForce, but Money... monthly....

Microsoft Dynamics CRM: Great for customizing and everything, but server software requirements suck (Windows Server, Sharepoint Service, etc...). Also costs.

SAP Business One: Forgetting for a moment about costs. Client too big, and not sure if it can be deplolyed online with no client installations.

Microsoft Access with SQL Server: Seems about right, I would love a solution that allowed easy development and reporting like this one. But it needs to be installed in client computers and Im looking for a solution with no client installation, just web browser, preferably.

Are my assumptions true? Do you see any better solutions than these? Please comment.

Gustavo

It might help if you explained what the project was or what you wanted it to do?

It's an upgrade from a 12 yr old Visual Basic (access db) app I made for a pathologist for managing patients, studies done, and expenses.

But in the end, what Im looking for is what is the best way to go for developing Web Applications that need to manage normal "one to many" or "many to many" table relationships, with easy reporting tools.

Pretty much what Im looking for is to make MSAccess Client/Server projects with just a Web Browser on the client's side.

Any clue?

I don't think what you are after is possible without hosting the application on a server, whether that is on the internet or on your clients machine.

Browsers can only display html, flash or javascript and none of these to my knowledge can interact with the clients machine to add, edit or delete from a database without the use of a server side script such as php, asp or .net etc and they all need some form of server to work.

Actually using a server is quite ok, but I would like to use a shared hosting, and not have to configure a lot of things on the server like MS CRM or Sharepoint would require for example.

Using MSSQL o MySQL as the backend is ok.

Thumbs up

Actually that may save me a lot of time, I'll check some of them out.
    If not, I'll probably go with either "SugarCRM" or "MSAccess with SQLServer backend".
    Thanks,
    Gustavo

You can have a look at MLM Software, or Multi Level Marketing Software.

gespriella, may be u find a few more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapid_A...on_Development

--
    an executive with a web application development company

Thread Information