dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: form validation

form validation

Hi

I've been working alot with PHP, been doing some js, and now im learning jQuery.

How should i validate my forms in my next project? What are the cons and pros about validating with these different ways?

regards,
    alexander

offtopic question : If i want to use AJAX, do i need to use XHTML or is HTML 4.01 ok? I havent touched AJAX yet so i dont know much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by insei View Post
    Hi

I've been working alot with PHP, been doing some js, and now im learning jQuery.

How should i validate my forms in my next project? What are the cons and pros about validating with these different ways?

regards,
    alexander
    Client side validation gives the user instant notification of any errors before anything is submitted to the server. But since javascript can be disabled or even totally bypassed by typing the url of the form's action= value in the browser's navigation bar you really should have at least server side validation for any form data sent to a server side script.

Whether the form's method is POST or GET, you can still by pass any client side validation.

offtopic question : If i want to use AJAX, do i need to use XHTML or is HTML 4.01 ok? I havent touched AJAX yet so i dont know much about it.
    I alway use and recommend to others to use XHTML.

In terms of using AJAX, it doesn't matter. AJAX is simply a particular technique in using javascript.

Smile check all fields

Quote Originally Posted by insei View Post
    Hi

regards,
    alexander
    validating in js is to check out each & every field considering which type of data the particular element holds

should i do a double valdiation? one with js and one with php? would that be best?

could any body please help how to pass parameter to function to attachEvent

Thread Information