dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: print a certificate

print a certificate

Hi,

How can i print a certificate in php.

For example.i want to select a student and once the "print certificate" button clicked all his program modules with grades should be printed.

i have seen in .net they use "crystal reports". what's the technique i could use in php

thanks
    soda

I do not have an easy answer for you, you will need to do additional research based on this response.

Crystal Reports is commercial software that allows report creation using templates integrated with external data sources that can include JDBC accessible databases to create finished reports. But PHP integration directly into that software is not well documented nor can the user customize the form. One approach is to use COM objects to load it, but your server must be Windows. Another is to use their XML-RPC web based API known as "Crystal Reports Web services" and nuSOAP to access it - but you still need to buy and install Crystal Reports, I believe, i.e. there is no public API.

None of this is easy, anyway so you should ask yourself if you really need to use a report tool like that. For example, PHP has wonderful PDF tools and there are many graphic libaries like JP Graphs for chart or certificate template creation.

-jim

I found the link for JP Graph for PHP5

http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/jpdownload.php

-jim

Thanks a lot SrWebDeveloper. it is very interesting. I have to refer the given site further more.

but one question.Is it possible to print a certificate something like.

" This is to certify that
    John Cena
    has fulfilled the requirements for the
    Diploma in English
    and obtained a
    Merit Pass

"

this text should print in my certificate.
    Name- John Cena ,Course - Diploma in English, Grade - Merit. Should get from the database.

pls let me know.
    thanks again

Aside from a third party expensive reporting tool like Crystal Reports or similar and beyond the advice given, you might simply want to find a pic of a blank certificate but with the fancy grpahics (or a template in Word or whatever exported as HTML then extract the image) and simply use the GD library to overlay your text.

Thread Information