www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Table Alignment Issue in IE

Cool Table Alignment Issue in IE

Hi everyone. My site looks retarded in IE 8. This problem occurs only in IE 8, and not other browsers, as I've seen.

The site is here:

http://codegeass.us/products/

Everything in the content is pushed down below the menu...it looks retarded...users have to scroll all the way down to see the products.

How I can solve this?

The source code is too long to paste here, so please go to the site and right click, and click on view source code.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Your site looks OK in IE 8 compatibility view (code for older bowsers). I'm not sure why IE 8 has a problem, but I'd pass your HTML through the W3c.validator. Even though it will pick out multitudes of XHTML format errors, the one that stands out for me is the multiple uses of the same "id" (e.g. ID="module") in you divisions. W3C suggests changing these to class="module" . I don't know how IE8 will interpret multiple div's with the same ID. It will likely only be one thing that will fix this,, but finding out which one will be the trick.
    good luck.

Thank for responding in a timely manner. I changed all the id="module" to class="module", but no luck. The site still looks retarded.

I don't think it's the div's that's causing it. It has something to do with the table's alignment. Actually, I'm not sure, so that's why I'm asking here.

I have a container element called container that contains everything in the body, and it's width is 900px. The table's width is set to 100%. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, though.

You are using a Transitional HTML Doctype, but you have coded as if you have used an XHTML one. Make up your mind: Either all the code is HTML or XHTML. I suggest to use a HTML strict and to code for HTML strict, not for XHTML. As I don't think you intend to use XML files, there is no need to code in XHTML manner.
    Last edited by Kor; 04-08-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Problem Solved

The problem has been solved, for now. Thanks for your support.

Thread Information