So I have something that has been tormenting me for weeks now. I have to work with IE 6 where I work, and we have a confusing problem with some Object/Param buttons not showing in IE 6. Now just a heads up, these buttons are controlled by a Javascript file in Internet Explorer, which is why I'm here!

So now for the confusion, please visit this site: (just a personal test site) www.mystudentfiles.co.cc

You'll notice that in any browser but IE 6 (and maybe 7) the little text size/page width buttons at the top of the screen will work fine. On your first trip there in IE 6 they probably will too, but once you refresh the page...at least one of them may stop showing in IE 6. I say may because it's kind of random who they show for, my co-worker has no problem seeing them both in IE 6, and others have complained that they can't see either.

The code for the html for them is (there are some CSS files too but they're not relevant for this):
HTML Code:
 <div class="Widgets">
                            <div class="WidgetText">
                                Text Size:
                            </div>
                            <div class="WidgetButtons">
                                <object id="TextSizeWidget" codetype="dotnetnuke/client" codebase="StyleSheetWidget" 
                                    declare="declare">
                                    <param name="baseUrl" value="<%= SkinPath %>css/variations/" />
                                    <param name="template" value="&lt;div title='{TEXT}' {ID} {CLASS}&gt;&lt;/div&gt;" />
                                    <param name="default" value="MediumText" />
                                    <param name="Small Text" value="SmallText" />
                                    <param name="Medium Text" value="MediumText" />
                                    <param name="Large Text" value="LargeText" />
                                </object>
                            </div>
                            <div class="WidgetTextPage" >
                                Page Width:
                            </div>                            
                            <div class="WidgetButtonsPage" >
                                <object id="SizeWidget" codetype="dotnetnuke/client" codebase="StyleSheetWidget"
                                    declare="declare">
                                    <param name="baseUrl" value="<%= SkinPath %>css/variations/" />
                                    <param name="template" value="&lt;div title='{TEXT}' {ID} {CLASS}&gt;&lt;/div&gt;" />
                                    <param name="default" value="width1024" />
                                    <param name="Width 1024" value="width1024" />
                                    <param name="Full Width" value="widthfull" />
                                </object>
                            </div>
                        </div>
And the Javascript file I've been able to narrow down as the culprit (as far as I can tell) is somewhat big, but if you'd like to see it I can post it as well.

If anyone has any ideas, thoughts, anything on why this may be happening please mention. One thought is that it may have to do with IE 6 settings but we couldn't seem to find any that affected it through testing.

Thanks,
Michael