www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Include .js files if not already included.

Include .js files if not already included.

I am having a bit of difficulty with this issue. Server side i am looking to see if the product id variable is set, and if so then include jquery.js, since it is only required for a few features on those pages.
    However, i am implementing a nice drop down menu which uses some javascript and jquery as a fallback for IE6. The problem is that if i am using IE6, the conditional statement in the html source is being executed by it, and thus the jquery.js is being included by it at that time... This works on all pages BUT the products page where i am also including jquery.js.
    What happens is that the conditional statement is executed causing jquery to be included, but when it is then included a second time by the server side code, the drop down menu stops working. The only way i can figure out how to fix this issue is to only include the jquery.js if it hasn't already been included, which i assume itself would need to be client side.
    So, does anyone have any ideas on how to only include a .js file if it hasn't already been included?

Thanks in advance

One dirty idea

Code:
    <!--[if IE 6]>
    <script>
      if(typeof jQuery === "undefined"){
        document.write("<scr" + "ipt src='jquery.js'></scr" + "ipt>");
      }
    </script>
    <![endif]-->
    Eric
    Tech Author [Ajax In Action, JavaScript: Visual Blueprint] | twitter | linkedin | http://www.pascarello.com

Excellent, thanks, worked perfectly.

Thread Information