www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Self updating Date - Code

Self updating Date - Code

Hello! I'm working on a pre-coded website and need to know where can I find html code that will generate a self-updating date every day. I need to add it to a form and am having an epic fail moment. Any help is appreciated!

You can't do this with HTML. You would need to do this with server side code like PHP, ASP.Net, etc. You could do this with javascript, but users are able to turn off javascript via the browser so then your code wouldn't work.
    "Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."-Cartman

Hm... what if?

What if I don't need it to show on the actual site? I plan on connecting it to a payment site and just need it to generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady J View Post
    What if I don't need it to show on the actual site? I plan on connecting it to a payment site and just need it to generate.
    You would still need server side code. HTML has no way of generating a time.
    "Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."-Cartman

Thread Information