www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Font Size -- Too Small?

Font Size -- Too Small?

Hi Everyone,

Do you think this font size is too small?

http://www.sunbriteapartments.com/

Some people want me to make it bigger but I think bigger looks funny. This is a size 11 font.

Would it be worth putting one of those javascript increase font size scripts on here would it?

Thanks!!

Allie

I think the font size is ok, but the color contrast between the fonts and background are not. Darken some of the fonts and it'll look less fuzzy to those complaining.

If you ask me I'm totally ok with either the chosen font and it's size, don't have any problems reading it. but as mentioned try a little bit more contrast, lighten the background slightly and use a darker font-color

Just to add my opinion im on the same level as the other guys... but if you didnt change it, it wouldn't be a nightmare... still a very nice site

Thanks guys!!! I'm going to try darkening the text and making the backgrounds a bit lighter. Thanks for the feedback!!!!

I'll agree with above. Beautiful site you have going there. The brightness of the text at the bottom is hard to notice at first but still readable.
    "It'll could only cost you your life--and you got that for free."
    Forgotten Games

Font size is absolutely fine now, and contrast is OK.

And I was going tio say about a change font size option using CSS, but you already have one! Nice.

I like the website's looks by the way, nice and simple but still has a professional feeling to it. Kudos.

The only problem I have is a Javascript error:

Code:
    Line 122
    Char 2
    Error: 'document.checkarressrch.month' is null or not an object
    Last edited by Haze1434; 04-19-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Took a look at the site and am glad to see you did darken the font on the top and i must say it looks a lot better now.
    As for the bottom text, i could be wrong, but it looks like its there only for seo so you probably don't need to worry about it.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!! The text at the bottom is just some annyoing text I have to always put in on the bottom so I try and make it as small as humanly possible.

Haze1434: How can I fix that Javascript problem?

Quote Originally Posted by grimmylina View Post
    How can I fix that Javascript problem?
    I cannot be sure for certain, as you have a few javascript files linked and I don't have access to find out which one the error points at.

You actually have two javascript errors, they can be viewed after you load your page on the internet by double clicking the little exclamation mark near the bottom left of the browser.

You'll have to find out which lines in which javascript document's are wrong, one is command document.checkarressrch.month and the other is command date_chooser_init.
    Sounds like you have a calendar or date selection tool somewhere, or some script to show the date and time or save some info to do with date and time? If so, that's where the problem lies.

Also, don't forget to bulk out your meta name="description" to something a bit more applicable

Just saw that meta description....I guess "blah,blah" isn't good for our seo.

Thread Information