dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Jewelry website design - PLZ review

Hybrid View

Jewelry website design - PLZ review

We are redesigning this jewelry website
    in hope to gain more buying costumers.
    any suggestions will be more than welcome!
    Thanks!

Look at making it a bit more eCommerce-orientated.

It needs an area with checkout's and maybe a login/register for people who are interested in updates about new products and saving their shopping cart etc.

The home page gives very little information as well, and although it looks OK, it is essentially just one large image and a title and that's it.
    You need to add a description, even just a paragraph, about what your comapny is/does.

Also, some contact info on the home page is always a winner for more contact from customers. Although a 'contact us' section is good, a phone number or email address on the home page helps a lot.

And ouch on the prices. I couldn't afford these items if my life depended on it

Thanks Haze

Really appreciate u took the time to review Limite homepage.
    I forwarded your (excellent) comments to the development department.
    Regarding the prices - I guess this is what "luxury" means... :0)

Nice website.
    Its overall looking very better.
    Thanks.

I liked the site and loved the jewelry! Only two things about the site bothered me. The first was that it seemed very slow to load, but I guess that's the price of high quality graphics. The other was the left and right buttons on the lightbox. In a site devoted to luxury and elegance, those buttons seemed out of place.

Everything about the site and the its product was excellent.

Have a nice day.

I think the jewelry pieces looks very good on the black background. one thing I need to say. I would change the font of the horizontal-top menu to Arial. I think it will make the store looks more professional.

Recheck you website and consider implementing all these points:-

For On-page:- SEO

1.)All products should be markup with schema.org/Product

2.)Sitemap both xml and html should be custom (xml exists but there is no Custom html sitemap)

3.)Google+ personal profile rel=author with homepage for rich snippet, should be original with name ( not brand name)

4.)Sitemap both xml and html should be custom (both exists but custom sitemap page url is not static)

5.)Adding social subscriptions link or button to home page.

6.)Robots.txt file (Exists)

7.)Custom 404 error page that offers alternatives Urls

8.)Social sharing button beneath every product

9.)Build or buy a system to automatically email customers a few weeks after purchasing and ask for a review ( on website as well as Google+ local page) If on website should be Added benefit: microdata

10.)H1 tags only one per page

11.)Videos if available

12.)Increasing page speed (currrently it is 76 out of 100 in Google page speed checker)

13.) Rel="next", Rel="prev" and rel canonical on categories pages where large number of product listed.

14.)duplicate content and use of the canonical tag where relevant.

15.)RSS feeds to support product and news announcements e.g. deal of the day

16.)Blog that includes :social sharing buttons beneath post (twitter, facebook, google+, Linkedin Share, pinterest)

17.)Keyword research and implementation on each page according to products

18.)Company address markedup in schema.org on home page

19.) Internal linking

20.)No Blog found

21.)Facebook stream widget

22.)News letter: After customer completes a purchase, inviting them to sign up for our newsletter. We can send perodic email about new product launch, deals and news.

23.)Include add to cart button after product description

24..)301 redirect: All versions of home page should 301redirected to main page

For Off- page Seo, Local SEO and for social media promotion we need

1.)twitter profile

2.)facebook fanpage

3.)linkedin company page

4.)pinterest page

5.)Google+ business profile that merged with Google+local page, Could be done with verification either phone or postcard that Google send to address

6.)Google webmaster account

7.)Google analytics account

8.)Google places account if businees is verified on Google places

9.) Identify your three biggest competitors for compertitors backlink anaylsis

10.)Press release if any new product lauch or any news to distribute

11.)Google Shopping can be created only if website it is verified in Google webmaster.

Thread Information