dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Xml feed help to newb....

Xml feed help to newb....

Hi i am going to switch from my current provider to a new plattform and ask my current blosite provider to get all my old content. They gave me a xml feed with a lot of information and i am not sure how to handle this. It is an feed that is within there system and when i open the url they gave me i can see all the information, but have trouble to get out the right information. THere are some strange signs embedded into the text ( and no there are not the code for ex making the font bold...) there are some other signs. My interest is to just get out the text in this xml, i understand that media parts that are connected into this xml are going to be harder to get out with the right references.

And yes, it is a blogsite i prior used now i am going to transfer all the previous blogs to my new site....

Please help me, if you can, just point me in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by klippan1936 View Post
    And yes, it is a blogsite i prior used now i am going to transfer all the previous blogs to my new site....

Please help me, if you can, just point me in the right direction...
    Hi first the farnie sign you see could be a valid < as your content. < is also used to represent HTML tag so if your content has it as a valid character some escaping is needed to differentiate. The same concept applies to other farnie characters you see.

You can use a XML parser to parse the text out. Or if you only want certain portion of the XML feed, use a XQuery parser.

If you are not a developer, I would recommend you search internet for a GUI-based XML or XQuery parser. It is more end user friendly. Most likely you input the location of your XML file feed and then the GUI software will do the rest. There are Web-based GUI or desktop-based GUI. You need to do some searching.

Thread Information