www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: scriptmanager updatepanel with jquery

scriptmanager updatepanel with jquery

Im pretty new to AJAX.... but i already figured out thats its relatively simple to enable AJAX on you website....

just add a scriptmanager and update panel en contenttemplate.... now this works perfect.....

now i want to add jquery functionality... this works not too good

I simply want to add a datapicker to some fields in my webpage, this works , but as soon as there is a postback of a dropdownlist or something else, its broken....

i can give you the code but i simply need a toturial and some advice if this is possible or not to keep having the AJAX scriptmanager AND use the jquery things.... or that you must choose ?

on every page load i have put the function RegisterScripts()
    when its not postbacked , and it is postbacked
    ( why ? the ISstartupregistered should check if the script is already on the page or not in every case so .... )

Code:
        Protected Sub RegisterScripts()
            'Dim bln As Boolean = ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("datepicker")

If Not (ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered("scr_datepicker")) Then
                Dim strScript As String = ""
                strScript = "<script type='text/javascript'>"
                strScript += "$(document).ready(function() {"
                strScript += "$('#" + txtGeboortdatum.ClientID + "').datepicker();"
                strScript += "$('#" + txtBeginWerkloosheid.ClientID + "').datepicker();"
                strScript += "});"
                strScript += "</script>"

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType, "scr_datepicker", strScript, False)
            End If
        End Sub
    but this check (ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered) is always false, why ????

i guess it gets broken by inserting it twice....

after like 3 days, i just figured out i have to use the scriptmanager to add the script ( DUH ?! ) but nowhere on the net i have noticed this....

so instead of using clientscript.register.....

i need to use Scriptmanager.Register

(cursing very very loud ...... )

Thread Information