dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Positive Rating System Needed ASAP!

Positive Rating System Needed ASAP!

I would like to add a positive rating system to my website so that individuals can rate a business without any log-in system etc as it's more of a homemade phone listing type site.

I don't want a rating system with 5 stars, reviews, or a negative button but just to be able to give a "25 people likes this" or "60 thumbs up" or "35 positive"... along those lines.

This would have been perfect I think:

http://codecanyon.net/item/thumbsup/..._preview/50411

But I have machighway.com hosting that is not compatable with whatever SQLite is...

Does anybody know of a good solution that I don't have to build myself at the moment? I really need it ASAP and taking the time to learn php, mysql etc right now isn't really doable before needing this feature.

I've heard this is relatively simple and can be done in a few minutes of development time. Any experts out there wanna make some quick beer cash or something?

Thanks and sorry to ask the same question in both forums but I couldn't move my post and I'm not sure the general area was the right place to put this question and get many responses.

Thanks!

If you are using PHP 5.0 or later*, SQLite is enabled by default, so normally should be available. It is essentially an embedded database server, so that your PHP application does not require an external DBMS.

________
    * If you are using an older version, you are seriously behind the times now.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

here is what machighway just told me back in this regards:

Yes, we are running PHP 5, but just because something is turned on by default doesn't mean that we keep it on or that we support it. As I said, we don't offer SQLite so this feature will not work with our systems.
    So I'm guessing I'm out of luck on that one. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I'm curious if machighway is wrong about SQLite being enabled. On the thumbsup site it states:

"You can retrieve all the information you need by running phpinfo() on your server."

Any ideas where I would find to run that phpinfo() in a hosting C panel? Maybe I could then see for myself if it's enabled or not.

BTW, here is a tiny url of the above link to thumbs up that seemed to cut off:

http://tiny.cc/2yyk3

Thanks guys!

Ok, I was directed to create a new php file with that command as the content, upload it to the server and then navigate to it in my browser. Here is what I got:

Well, I'm not sure if that first image is part of SQLite or not but would these images stating enabled mean that the dude at machighway is wrong and I can use thumbs up? Or is there more to it then that?

This was the guys prior response to me days ago when I questioned his answers...
    Yes, we are running PHP 5, but just because something is turned on by default doesn't mean that we keep it on or that we support it. As I said, we don't offer SQLite so this feature will not work with our systems.

Thread Information