dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Why is this happening??? Please help!

Exclamation Why is this happening??? Please help!

I am not new to JavaScript, but I am unable to figure something out.

I have a three page frameset on an intranet site: Topnav, Leftnav and content window. The topnav currently uses hiermenus from dhtmllab and writes to the content window. This was chosen because no code needed to be added to the content pages. I am trying to add the same function to the leftnav. When I do this, either the topnav works or the leftnav works - whichever is envoked first. The same code is in the topnav and the leftnav except for the menu contents. They essentially write to the frame name. Why are they bumping heads and is there a successful resolution?

Can you show us the page(s)?

It is on an intranet site. I will send home the pages and put them on my website tonight....

Oh yea, duh, *slaps himself in the face*

Intranet, yea--okay. That's cool. It may be your target frame--do you have any code in the content frame?

I was unable to get the topnav out as it was connected to too many images, but here is what I have:

http://www.ics-ct.com/is/is.html

I sincerely hope that someone can help me on this. I realize that it may not be a simple task, but in return, I promise to help folks here in the future as often as I can. Topnav uses hierMenus.js and hierArrays.js and the leftnav uses hierMenusIS.js and hierArrays.js in the same directory.

Thank you so very much in advance.

Please don't let me fall off of the bottom of this page. I'm despatate.

Sorry, I'm really busy today and tomorrow, and I haven't had much time to look at it... I haven't looked at the HierMenus code either...sorry, I hope to be on later.

Thread Information