www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New to web development. Need suggestions on tools to use

Question New to web development. Need suggestions on tools to use

Im building a website to connect students to internships being offered around their location. The website itself follows the same format as many of the job search engines such as monster.com. Employers, or in this case mentors who need interns, sign up for a "mentor account". Once they sign in they are greeted with a sort of control panel for them to post new internships and to keep track of previous postings as well as to publish and update their info (name, address, phone number, email etc..). Once all of this information is entered it would be added to a database(mysql maybe?).

Now for the student side. When a students comes to the site he/she is greeted with a simple search bar such as that of google which asks who are you looking for? So say i want to intern with a lawyer. I would enter keywords such as law, lawyer, or attorney. The website would then execute a script and query the database to show a list of matching results.

Now my question is what would be the right language to use and what tools would be required. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi..

I would suggest this http://www.jobberbase.com/

An Open Source Jobbers base..

BTW It is done in PHP

wow, didnt know things like that existed also. well that makes makes my coding work a whole lot easier. Thanks for the help.

Thread Information