dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: 4x4 web gallery using databases

4x4 web gallery using databases

Hi

Im using Dreamweaver CS4 and am still fairly new to web developement (recently acquired my adobe dw cs3 ace)

I am trying to create a 4x4 web page gallery using ASP Javascript and MS Access. I insert a master detail page into a 4 colum table that repeats 4 times. I then extended the table and duplicate the code to another 3 colums. The problem is that when I duplicate the code it also duplicates the images.

What I am ideally trying to create is a different image in each cell which is retrieved from the database.

The only programming experience that I have is Java from highschool. I have looked at the code and am a bit confused by it.

This is probably a common question, I have googled a bit but havnt really found any help.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

this is a simple fix.

You need to move next after each of the td's, you will probably also need to check for eod and enter nothing for td's with no pictures available

Thanks for the reply
    I remember trying to do something like that but was unsure of how to code it .
    I'll try again today and see if I come right

Thanks
    I eventually got it to work now, I took the while out which was causing most of my problems I think, and then just added all the code manually which is a little messy, but is doing the job.

There is one funny thing that I have noticed, and Im not sure if its got to do with my database or not.

My photos are named in numerical order 1-62. When the page is loaded images
    1;10;11;12;
    13;14;15;16;
    17;18;19;2;
    21;22;23;24;
    are loaded.

I think this is an error with the information being passed between access and dw. Is there a fix for this, or am I doing something wrong?

You need to add an "order by" clause to your SQL query

Smile

Thanks for the reply,

Just checked to see if I had one after you replied, and realised that I need to remove it because
    image/11.jpg
    is alphabetically before
    image/2.jpg

Thank you all so much, I'm really happy with these forums, although my questions are simple I'm not recieving any hate commenting are abusive bant.

Thread Information