www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Implement wordpress blog articles into another mainpage

Implement wordpress blog articles into another mainpage

I have a webpage that consists of first my custom made homepage which you enter when you come to my site. Second, I have a wordpress installation that you enter through a link from the first site, I have this wordpress installation so that I can update news and articles about my field in an easy and search engine friendly way.

Now I am trying to figure out if it is possible to make the wordpress articles show up on the mainpage directly when you enter the site. I want to make look more like a news page but I still need my custom made header and footer, I just want the articles to show up in the main frame of the firstpage.

I have read about a php include command and tried it but I does not get it to work.

Does anyone have a good idea here?

I would think the easier solution would be to customize the blog to use your general page design, then make it the site's home page. But that's based on minimal information at this point.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Yes but I need to have the first site because that is the main site which operates all the other areas of my domain.

I just need the wordpress installation for easy uppdating of the frontpage with news articles etc whiout doing extensive programming in the main site.

All the WP articles are in the applicable database tables, so you could just set up your own queries to retrieve them and display them wherever you want on any page. Here's the WP database description: http://codex.wordpress.org/Database_Description
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

eBookworm.us

Thanks for the help. I am not familiar working with queries though, I am more looking for a solution where you implement code in the div where you want the other div from wordpress to be implemented.

Something like this but I cant get it to work.
    <?PHP
    include("path/to/show_news.php");
    ?>

If you don't want to write a bit of PHP code, then I'd suggest searching the WordPress site and related sites to see if anyone has some sort of 3rd party plug-in you could install, and then just call that with a line or two of code in the actual page. I've never looked for such a thing, so I have no idea what's out there, but I'm sure somebody's done it somewhere.

eBookworm.us

Thread Information