www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: I would like to know that you think about my web.

Smile I would like to know that you think about my web.

Hello!

I have created this blog a long time ago, but just a few weeks ago I started posting more frequently... it is still like in "test" mode, so I decided to start showing it and making it more "serious"...

BrillantBits : http://www.brillantbits.com/

The content's are most interesting than the design for me in this blog, so if you can, please tell me what you think about contets, just an overview.
    About design, I suck at design, I'm a programmer, but anyway, I did it all from scratch (I learned how to do rounded corners in photoshop, yeah ;P). No freeware stuff used, nor worpress or stuff like that, just my own code everywhere (and my own bugs :]).

I suck at design, and I'm trying to express the concept of the blog with some artistic images ... but I'm still trying, maybe you can give me some tips there!

Well, I hope you find it interesting. Thanks!

Ed

I'm sure you will add more content as you go .. My only suggestion so far is to run it through a spell checker, in the right hand column/navigation under the search box is "lastest" ....

However to comment on design, I think you're undervaluing your effort. IMHO it looks very nice and clean and I think you should leave it exactly as it is.

Please dont make the mistake of overloading it with graphics and making it look a web2.0 sneeze.

Another little pointer is reconsider your logo. It's not the same or even too close to MS's, but corporations like them are a*seholes and will try to sue you for such a thing and win. I would advise caution there.
    99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again ... 101 little bugs in the code

An important petition, regarding your human rights:
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...r-both-genders

Thumbs up

Hi Edu. Dont shot me for being honest.

These blogs take about 15 minutes to create and look very boring for at least the first few weeks.

I am running about 7 or more web projects and have tried a Wordpress Project recently. I find it hard enough to pass the 90% PRE-MADE designs in many of the current softwares on the market today. Of course the more you put into design and layout of your blog, the more individual it will become.

Most people think that they can simply upload the software to a server and enter their details into the pre-made templates.

The main bulk of your work will be in the backend of your blog and not by making it look different.

Try maybe software that a blog is just part of. I find a blog is part of something and not good enough standing alone. Maybe something like PhPBB3 which I use is better suited for you. You have a fantastic forum built in and with the Portal Mod you can have a very nice (unique) looking site up quite quickly.

Once you get more of a feel for the forum area, you can add a blog as a Mod. Your web visitors can then spend longer on your site and you can get your point across to them in many more ways.

Please take this as advise and merely my opinion.

It is good to see a new keen Web Developer joining the Network and good luck in all your work.

Mark Birchall (Hex UK)

Maybe if you let us know where you are trying to get and what you want out of your site, we can all help you in your quest.

Hello, thank you very much for your opinions, I really appretiate you took the time to check my web.

I agree about the spell checker... my english is quite good but still is not my native language and it's easy to make mistakes. I'll investigate about a good online spell checker.

The logo... yeah, I was already told that it looks like MS's logo!! My idea since the first time was to draw a comet as a logo but I couldn't draw it in photoshop. I will change it as soon as possible!

Thanks for your advices wh666 !

hexuk, I most appretiate your honesty, but I don't really want to use anything PRE-MADE. I like to program, I like to create things, I really enjoy it, so I did it all myself. Including the back-end framework is my own. That's my flag: "I can do it myself!" hehe

I'm trying to make a blog where you can find creative stuff that may actually involve using your brain to understand web resources and posibilities, adding when possible some artistic touch (appart from a nerd developer, I'm an artists! :])
    I will be posting things that may be just interesting to play around with (like BrillantPaint, that can convert an HTML structure to a binary BMP file, with raw binary file access), but also useful and implementable things like the web sound mixer I'm preparing now, or another one I'll be posting next days that is a very light desktop-like enviroment to implement in 100% asynchronous web applications.

For the moment I'm not really interested in having a popular blog, or being part of massive social networks. I recognize that the content's I will post are not really interesting for most people (or people who preffer to download JQuery, adding effects, pretending they are inteligent by using someone else's library... so they will never find my blog interesting lol).

Thank you very much for your advices
    Last edited by Edu_09; 07-14-2010 at 03:36 PM.

FYI -
    for wich or with wich
    Should be:
    "for which or with which" in your cv pdf.

In my CV and in other 130 places more around the my web :S

I'll change all occurences...

Thanks criterion

Thread Information