www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Quick time plug-in not working

Quick time plug-in not working

I try to use Quick Time player plug-in qtplugin.cab for windows. it is not working ,becuz I don't know how to use this plug-in . please check my coding below anything is wrong.
    Code:
    <html>

<head>

<script src="InsertMovie.js" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

<body>

<form method="POST" action="video.php" enctype="multipart/form-data">

<TABLE width="8">

<input type="text" name="video" value>

</TABLE>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="add Vidoes">

</form> 

<OBJECT classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' width="320" height="240" codebase='qtplugin.cab'>

<param name='src' value="test.flv">

<param name='autoplay' value="true">

<param name='controller' value="false">

<param name='loop' value="false">

<EMBED src="test.flv" width="320" height="240" autoplay="true"

controller="false" loop="false" bgcolor="#000000">

</EMBED>

</OBJECT> 

</body>

</html>

Well it looks like you are trying to play an flv (Flash) file with QT. What's up with that?
    Maybe there is some new super duper QT player that will do that but as far as I know, QT will not. It's for .mov, mp4, etc. If there is a version that will play flv, then you will need to update your plugin.
    But why in the world do you want to limit the potential viewers to people who just might have a QT player that will play Flash when 98&#37; of potential viewers already have the Flash player?
    That being said, you can use swfobject to detect if the viewer has the Flash plugin (in which case it will play the flv file) or transcode the video into a .mov file for the iPhone and other Mac apps that don't have Flash.
    http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/
    Here is a sample page which does just that. Checks for Flash plugin, if there, plays Flash flv. If not plays .mov in QT. So you can, in effect, play Flash on the iPhone, iPad, etc.
    http://www.cidigitalmedia.com/tutorials/qt/play_qt.html
    This page was created to illustrate that as well as how to sandwich the Flash between 2 layers of html using CSS. That's why the text is over the top of the video. But for you, look at how the two types of video are placed on the page in the source code.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

sorry , actually I have to work with Quick Time Player itself. .mov and .mp4 is not an issue.but I have to work with QT Player.

my problem :- while i am trying to work with qtplugin.cab file .it is not working. but if I installed complete QT player software (around 31Mb size) , then it will work smoothly.

<param name='src' value="test.mov">
    yes, even i test with .mov format file , but still it is not working

actually I am not clear how to use this 'qtplugin.cab' file ?

Even if you fix the code you posted above, it won't work, because by default, QT will not play the Flash .flv file:
    Code:
    <param name='src' value="test.flv">
    QuickTime is not that popular a video format, many viewers do not even have a basic, older version of the plugin installed, let alone any newer version that can handle .flvs.
    So while you may be able to find some special 3rd party plugin that will make it work on your machine, many of the other QT users on the Internet will not have that special plugin or QT update and will not be able to play the .flv in QT.
    However, the web page source code in my link above shows the correct way to place the QT player on the page, including how to handle the 'qtplugin.cab' file. That's why I included the link.
    Best wishes,
    Eye for Video
    www.cidigitalmedia.com

Thread Information