www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: making a curve on an images with paintshop pro?

making a curve on an images with paintshop pro?

I've done it before, but it takes me like 2 hours and I never know exactly what I did. What I want to do cut a part of an image so that one edge is curved(so I can make rounded tables). I am using version 7.04. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Click the draw tool (looks like a pen with a little squiggly line). Then in the tool options, for type, choose Bezier Curve. Set your width to a couple of pixels and turn anti-aliasing on. Then just click and drag from one corner to the other, then click twice in the other corner. PSP doesn't have great support for vectors, so this isn't as easy as it is in some other programs...It usually takes me a few tries before I'm happy with it.

Theres no tool section. There is:

file edit view image effects colors layers objects selections

mask window help

It should be on the left side of your screen. If not, go to view>toolbars (bottom) then add Tool Palette. The draw tool will be the third one from the bottom.

Thanks I found it, but it seems difficult to make a curve in an image with that. Would it be better to do it with preset shapes? Also, my main problem is deleting a part of the image I have selected. Say I select something with magic wand and I want to delete what I selected. How do I do that?

I'm not sure if I totally understand you. To delete a magic wand selection, you just hit delete. Is that what you wanted?

As far as using preset shapes, that would probably work, you could just use the circle...

No, that would only get rid of the selection, but I want to get rid of the image that is selected. Then it would make the image curved.

Ok, I think what you need to do is once you have your area selected, choose white as your second color in the color palette. Now, when you delete, it should turn everything white.

Ok, thanks'. I'm making some progress. I just need to mess with it for awhile.

Got here pretty late in the thread but I do it in the first shot this way. Say you want a blue curve and the background is white.
    You do a new window don't worry about the size. Color it blue. Change colors to white and use the circle select tool and set it in any corner and draw it to until it fills the square. Cut it out. Select the square tool, again start at the corner until it meets the thinest points if the arc, Copy it and do a new window and paste it in.
    Resize it as you need. The lines are as sharp as a razor.

Thread Information