www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Issue aligning text in a box, please help (Im sure this is quick fix)

resolved [RESOLVED] Issue aligning text in a box, please help (Im sure this is quick fix)

Hello,

So we are getting ready to launch this site, and there are a few little CSS quirks I am trying to fix.

Take a look at this link:

http://gem-tech.com.mytempweb.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=h&idCategory=11

Notice how in the title box (<h1>) that the text on the left side is in the upper-left corner, and not centered in the box light it should be.

The text size used to be 22px, so it fit just fine. But we made the text smaller but now it won't seem to vertically center.

Here is a screenshot for reference:

http://gem-tech.com.mytempweb.com/example.jpg

Here is the code:
    <h1 style="height:27px"><div style="width:600px;float:left;position:absolute:center:;"><&#37;=pCategoryName%></div><div style="width:100px; float:right; position:relative; top:3px; right:0px; ">
    <input type="button" class="submit2" style="margin:0;" value="find a dealer" onClick="window.location='viewContent.asp?idpage=4'">
    Thank you very much

Normally I don't click posted links, but curiosity got the better of me when I saw yours.

When I clicked your top link I got a Trend Micro Warning (see attached screen dump) saying it has blocked your website because it is potentially dangerous.

Now I'm not saying there is anything malicious in your link, but there is definitely something that TM doesn't like.

Are you sure your web site is legit?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That could possibly be because there is no SSL certificate installed yet.

hmmmm that doesn't quite sound right to me - but I'm not an expert on ssl.

What is still keeping my alarm bells ringing to some extent is that you haven't actually said there is no malicious code/software in that link.

I think I'll just play it safe and leave your site alone.

good luck

lol, there isn't any malicious software there. Im just a web developer.

Anyways, can the moderators please delete this thread? For some reason I am not able to edit the post

Quote Originally Posted by BlackReefDesign View Post
    lol, there isn't any malicious software there. Im just a web developer.
    But I'm a web developer and I can insert maliious code into a web page if I wanted to and I'm sure many other web developers could as well.

I might send an email to Trend Micro to see if they can shed anymore light on why your link comes up as a potentially dangerous website.

Quote Originally Posted by tirna View Post
    But I'm a web developer and I can insert maliious code into a web page if I wanted to and I'm sure many other web developers could as well.

I might send an email to Trend Micro to see if they can shed anymore light on why your link comes up as a potentially dangerous website.
    lol. go right ahead.

Im just trying to get this CSS issue fixed

it'll be interesting for me to see what they say.

Like it says in the warning I attached - maybe something happened in the past to make TM blacklist your website.

I suppose if my TM Internet security sees your website as potentially dangerous I suppose anyone else with TM visiting your site will get the same message.

Thread Information