www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What are all of the important parts of the analysis of web project?

What are all of the important parts of the analysis of web project?

Hi,

For most of you web developing guru's my question will sound stupid, but as newbie I would like to ask if it is ok that I will have a frontend developed and only after Backend?

Also, if I will need database should I have the design of it first?

I also would like to know about the analysis part of the project. A friend in short informed me that to start the project requirements analysis (internal, technical and design) is a must. Let's say if I want to build a social e-commerce site with ability for users to register. Can you determine a numbered list what would you do to prepare the analysis for such project (etc. 1. Database design a) prepare data models...)

I would be very happy if somebody could provide with a thorough answer.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Donny

I think you have to do the back-end first (i.e. you have to know what details of the user you are going to store before you provide a form for them to fill them in), then I would create a bare-bones site with focus on content and an idea of the design I would use. Then I would create that design with CSS and add some JavaScript if necessary (maybe for tabs or validation of quick-reply etc.).

But, I think the most important thing is to plan. That way, you are unlikely to back yourself into a corner that you cannot escape from. If you know what you are heading for, all your efforts will be aimed at that, for in the end, it is content provided in a clear and accessible manner that matters, and a plan will help you do that.
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

I think you have to do the back-end first (i.e. you have to know what details of the user you are going to store before you provide a form for them to fill them in), then I would create a bare-bones site with focus on content with an idea of the design I would use, either mentally, or formally on paper. Then I would create that design with CSS and add some JavaScript if necessary (maybe for tabs or validation of quick-reply etc.).

But, I think the most important thing is to plan. That way, you are unlikely to back yourself into a corner that you cannot escape from. If you know what you are heading for, all your efforts will be aimed at that, for in the end, it is content provided in a clear and accessible manner that matters, and a plan will help you do that. If you have a clearly developed idea, it's probably pretty irrelevant which way, in which order you do it.
    Great wit and madness are near allied, and fine a line their bounds divide.

Thread Information