Thread: [RESOLVED] Database Login Credentials

resolved [RESOLVED] Database Login Credentials

When I first started this project, PHP was new to me and I didn't have a clue how to use it. Here, seven months later, I still don't know what I'm doing.

I have 47 pages that are MySQL intensive. Each client has their own login credentials to the database. I've been using the $_SESSION global to carry these credentials across the pages. I realize this is a huge security issue, but I don't know any other way to keep their username / password handy as they log in and out of the database. I've searched and not found anything resembling my need here. Most of the discussions relate to setting $_SESSION['foo'] = 'bar' and carying that from page to page.

I cld really use some insight on this. Thanks.

It's only insecure if (a) someone can hijack a session, and then (b) find a hole in you application that allows them to display the data in $_SESSION. If (a) is true, you already have a bunch of security issues that need addressing.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

Thread Information