dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encode web pages

Encode web pages

hello,
    i'm tyring to encode my web page, i know there are many websites that do that, but i wanna a program to encode multiple language (html,javascript and php) if exist.
    If any one found this program or the link to download it, i'll be thankful
    thnx for help

I am unclear about what you are asking for. Do you mean https?

Exactly I am also not clear about why you want to encode your website? But It sounds very informative question, So Clear your question so that a knowledge is shared among us.

Regards

I think you mean encrypt a web page so visitors can't make sense of the code - html, css, javascript etc.

If you Google "encrypt web page" you will get a truck load of options to browse through.

A few years ago I had a look into encrypting web pages and their contents but I couldn't find a reliable one that worked in all situations.

Maybe things have improved now.

tirna, I am sure ragy wopuld have bothered to check this very clear sticky thread before posting.

I'm not so sure - maybe he/she did, maybe he/she didn't

It doesn't really matter anyway. If what I thought they meant isn't what they actually meant then they can ignore my post and no harm done

hello,
    if there is any mistery in my question,
    I wanna to encrypt (encode) my web page code, means do not let the users see my source by right click and view page source, exactly as tirna said

if there is any software code or program to download to manage this.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ragy View Post
    hello,
    if there is any mistery in my question,
    I wanna to encrypt (encode) my web page code, means do not let the users see my source by right click and view page source, exactly as tirna said

if there is any software code or program to download to manage this.
    thank you
    No. There is no 100% trusty way to hide/encrypt your code. We are talking about client-side languages, thus everything is loaded into the client's browser, from where it can be found, analyzed, decrypted(if needed) and copied.

An encrypted method needs a key. Or when everything is to be seen, that means you give to the user both the encrypted code and the key. It might be difficult, but not impossible, to decipher something when you have the code and the key, isn't it?

You are wasting your time. Anyway, there is no reason to hide your codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor View Post
    There could be cases where someone doesn't want others to see their unencrypted code so that they can't steal and copy it.

Even if there was no way to guarantee 100% that someone won't steal the code, imo it isn't a waste of time if you can stop non tech-savvy people from stealing it.

One downside, of course, of encrypting web pages is that they are then not search engine friendly but that might not be an issue for the website owner.

Quote Originally Posted by tirna View Post
    There could be cases where someone doesn't want others to see their unencrypted code so that they can't steal and copy it.
    Of course there are cases when the owner of the site wants that. But it does not matter what someone wants, it matters only what is possible to do

That's right

You made an unconditional statement saying

and I just simply pointed out that there actually are reasons why someone would want to encryprt pages.

The only issue then is if one thinks it is a valid reason or not and that is a matter of individual opinion.

I suspect that in the vast majority of cases, encrypting web pages would stop at least non tech-savvy "hackers" from copy/stealing someone elses code.

Quote Originally Posted by tirna View Post
    The only issue then is if one thinks it is a valid reason or not and that is a matter of individual opinion
    I understand your point of view, but, as I will not stop saying, in programming there is no place for individual opinion. In other words, we are forced sometimes to work with axioms, not only with theorems.

What verifiable proof can you post to support what in your opinion is an axiom?

I am not convinced your opinion is an axiom because I posted one of the reasons why I or anyone else might want to encrypt pages and imo it would stop at least non tech-savvy people from copying/stealing other peoples code.

If I chose to encrypt a web page, I would so regardless of what anyone else's opnion was and I am convinced it would stop at least some people from copying/stealing my code which for me personally would make it worthwhile if I wanted to hide my code from some people.

If you disagree with that or think it is a load of rubbish I have no issue with that at all as you are entitled to your opinion.

You may disagree that 1+1=2, but that will not change the mathematics, no matter how much you will try.

you are running away from

What verifiable proof can you post to support what in your opinion is an axiom?

I'm not sure where you are going with this thread now.

You expressed your opinion

You are wasting your time. Anyway, there is no reason to hide your codes
    and I have no issue with that at all as you are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine.

I am not trying to change your opinion.

I just posted why I disagree with it and as I said before, if you think my opinion is a load of rubbish I have no issue with that

But if for some reason it is important to you that I should agree with you then the onus of proof is on you to post verifiable information proving your opnion to be true otherwise we will just go around in circles and we should then just agree to disagree

Thread Information