www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Trying to remove some code

Trying to remove some code

hey I am asking if anyone would like to help me a bit. The code I am using is quite messy and I am trying to remove a couple links to make the page more secure and functional.\
    Robert

Is there a question?

ok here is the question I am trying to remove a couple fields from this code such as:
    displaytelephone
    displayhomeadd
    PreferredAddressOtherAddress
    ...And other info but when i do delete them and run the form i get a server error. My question is, is there a safe way to remove this code without getting the same error?

this code was generated by some company, not even them can help me figure some of this stuff out

Here is the code attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please be more specific. Do you realize how many possible server errors there are?

How can we help when all we get is "i get a server error"?

Paste the lines you are removing not just a portion of the line.

ok there are the lines i tried removing:

HTML Code:
     <tr>
              <td colspan="4" bordercolor="#E8EEFD" bgcolor="#E8EEFD"><p><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">DSU is being proactive in protecting its employees&rsquo; personal  information. We need you to indicate how much personal information can be  released to DSU constituencies and to  external sources (e.g., Balfour and NDPEA)  affiliated with DSU. </font><br />
                <font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="#000099">&nbsp;<br />
                By checking the boxes below, you       authorize DSU to use the following information in the DSU phone directory       and departmental mailings, on the DSU Web site and with external sources.</font>       (Please check one or more)</font><br />
                  <font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  <input <&#37;If (CStr((Directory.Fields.Item("displaytelephone").Value)) = CStr("Y")) Then Response.Write("checked=""checked""") : Response.Write("")%> name="displaytelephone" type="checkbox" id="displaytelephone" value="Yes" />
                    <strong>Home Phone  </strong>
                    <input <%If (CStr((Directory.Fields.Item("displayhomeadd").Value)) = CStr("Y")) Then Response.Write("checked=""checked""") : Response.Write("")%> name="displayhomeadd" type="checkbox" id="displayhomeadd" value="Yes" onclick="showhidefield()" />
                    <strong>Home Address</strong></font><font color="#000099"><br />
                    <font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you do not check the above box(es),  the Office of  University Relations will only share your campus address and campus telephone  number with DSU constituencies  and external sources. All marketing mail will be sent to your campus address.</font></font></p>
                <p><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Office of Human Resources  maintains the confidential information each employee is required to  provide.&nbsp; The home address and home telephone number will be used for  important mailings such as W-2 forms, benefits information from NDPERS and  health insurance information from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota.&nbsp;  Inform this office promptly when your home address changes so you can continue  to receive relevant mailings.</font><br />
                <div id="hideablearea" style="visibility:hidden"><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><strong>I would prefer my mail to be sent to the following address:
                      <select name="PreferredAddress" id="PreferredAddress">
                        <option value="notSelected">Select one...</option>
                        <option value="DSU" <%If (Not isNull((Directory.Fields.Item("perferredaddress").Value))) Then If ("DSU" = CStr((Directory.Fields.Item("perferredaddress").Value))) Then Response.Write("selected=""selected""") : Response.Write("")%>>DSU</option>
                        <option value="Home" <%If (Not isNull((Directory.Fields.Item("perferredaddress").Value))) Then If ("Home" = CStr((Directory.Fields.Item("perferredaddress").Value))) Then Response.Write("selected=""selected""") : Response.Write("")%>>Home</option>
                        <option value="Other" <%If (Not isNull((Directory.Fields.Item("perferredaddress").Value))) Then If ("Other" = CStr((Directory.Fields.Item("perferredaddress").Value))) Then Response.Write("selected=""selected""") : Response.Write("")%>>Other</option>
                      </select>
                </strong></font><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                <br />
                If other address, please specify:
                <input name="otherAddress" type="text" id="otherAddress" value="<%=(Directory.Fields.Item("otherAddress").Value)%>" size="40" />
                </font></div></p></td>
              </tr>
    HTML Code:
    <tr>
              <td nowrap="nowrap" bordercolor="#E8EEFD" bgcolor="#E8EEFD"><strong><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Address</font></strong></td>
              <td nowrap="nowrap" bordercolor="#E8EEFD" bgcolor="#E8EEFD"><strong><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">City</font></strong></td>
              <td nowrap="nowrap" bordercolor="#E8EEFD" bgcolor="#E8EEFD"><strong><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">State</font></strong></td>
              <td nowrap="nowrap" bordercolor="#E8EEFD" bgcolor="#E8EEFD"><strong><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Zip</font></strong></td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
              <td nowrap="nowrap" bordercolor="#E8EEFD"><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                <textarea name="Address" cols="30" rows="2" id="Address"><%=(Directory.Fields.Item("Address").Value)%></textarea>
              </font></td>
              <td nowrap="nowrap" bordercolor="#E8EEFD"><font size="-1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                <input name="City" type="text" id="City" value="<%=(Directory.Fields.Item("City").Value)%>" size="20" />
              </font></td>
                <input name="St" type="text" id="St" value="<%=(Directory.Fields.Item("St").Value)%>" size="2" />
              </font></td>
                <input name="Zip" type="text" id="Zip" value="<%=(Directory.Fields.Item("Zip").Value)%>" size="10" />
              </font></td>
            </tr>

And what server error is displayed when those lines are removed?

Thread Information