www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to do a server-to-server post?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindzai View Post
    Glad you got it sorted! It just goes to show what a pointless "security" technique user agent checks are!
    I suppose it stops some casual "script kiddie" novices who might try to access it via file_get_contents() or such, but it certainly won't stop any serious, semi-skilled web coder.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    I suppose it stops some casual "script kiddie" novices who might try to access it via file_get_contents() or such, but it certainly won't stop any serious, semi-skilled web coder.
    Yea you're right.
    It nearly stopped me in getting my server-to-server curl post to work!

Quote Originally Posted by acestuff View Post
    Yea you're right.
    It nearly stopped me in getting my server-to-server curl post to work!
    Perhaps you are a novice in this area, but you were serious enough to work on finding a solution.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    Perhaps you are a novice in this area, but you were serious enough to work on finding a solution.
    Yup I'm a complete novice but it did occur to me that such a check might be made

Earlier post:
    Is it possible that the database surver knows that the post is been made by a server opposed to a browser (and has a problem with this) as when I post this using a HTML form, everything works fine!

If so, is there any way of making the post appear as if it has originated from a browser?
    If it wasn't for Mindzai though, it probably would have took me all day to figure out how to change the user agent!

Lucky guess

Re the encrypted transfer, you can use SSL/TLS with cURL if the server has a valid CA certificate. The process is explained well here.
    The first rule of Tautology Club is the first rule of Tautology Club.

Mindzai beat me to it. I was gonna tell you about CURLOPT_USERAGENT because I ran into that problem myself with a site I was accessing by cURL.

I'm glad you got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by TecBrat View Post
    Mindzai beat me to it. I was gonna tell you about CURLOPT_USERAGENT because I ran into that problem myself with a site I was accessing by cURL.

I'm glad you got it working.
    Thanks
    Glad I'm not the only person to have that problem!

Thread Information