www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Magento and Prestashop

Question Magento and Prestashop

I have used Prestashop and now I would like to learn to use Magento. What do you think about Magento?
    Is Magento a good ecommerce when I must import products with csv file?
    Is there an hosting provider to learn to use Magento (only like try, not for using)?

Thanks very much

Not recommended. Go with another shopping cart.

They live on you having problems and needing help from them. That's why it's rather hard to customize Magento. The time and money you would need to spend will soon overwhelm the seemingly powerfulness of it.

Neither go with Magento Go. It's essentially a mess. I got NOTHING by spending over $100 there. Zero support. Read these reviews AND comments:

http://www.shoppingcartsforwebsites....nto-go-review/
    http://www.commercestyle.com/e-commerce/magneto-sucks
    Last edited by ichsie; 10-08-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    My made some nice little php scripts. I also made a image converter / resizer that's perfect for fellow web developers!

Prestashop is better ......

Magento is good if you are streamlined to extend you business. I had used both carts: Magento and PrestaShop ( thanks to Cart2Cart migration service www(dot) shopping-cart-migration.com )it is easy to switch from one to another), but what is true, yes, PrestaShop is maybe better, it is easier and user-friendlier, it has all features anybody need to succeed. But Magento - is something like the highest level in ECommerce.

For beginner it's always a good choice to go for Prestashop, because it's simple, free and included all the basic function you will need to run your business.

can anybody explain how Prestahop is better than wordpress?

I thinks prestaShop is maybe better, it is easier and user-friendlier, it has all features anybody need to succeed. But Magento - is something like the highest level in ECommerce.

Magento is the best open source and it comes with easy integration with 3rd party services such as Google Analytics, Google Base, Google Checkout, Google Website Optimizer and much more! You can aslo find free Magento templates at magento-templates.com

Magento is certainly a impressive and feature filled e-commerce platform.Its an open source and It comes filled with all the features and tools you will need to get your e-commerce web site up and running as quickly as possible.
    Get your 800 numbers, toll free numbers, virtual pbx the industry leader in hosted business phone services.

Magento is very popular now!

Thread Information