www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is your experience of using the WebDeveloper Forum?

Question What is your experience of using the WebDeveloper Forum?

Hello everyone,

As part of my MSc Dissertation project at Warwick Business School in UK, I’m conducting a survey that deals with users’ experiences of participation in professional virtual communities, of which WebDeveloper.com is perfect example.

I would be great if you could help me and participate by clicking on the link below. The survey will take no longer than 10 minutes to answer. All responses will be kept strictly confidential (used only for the purposes of my dissertation).

Click here to start the survey:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/332962/ks-vcp4

I greatly appreciate your help. My degree depends on this survey! If you would like to know the results of my work, please email me and I will be happy to send you the results at the end of August.

Best regards,

Nikita Kursov

Many thanks to everyone who took the survey, your help is much appreciated!

If anyone is interested, I will post a summary of the results next week after the survey is closed. However, I still need more participants for the results to have any weight, so it would be really nice to have some more replies before the deadline.

For those wondering, it really doesn't take too long to do it. Took me right around the 10 min mark as suggested earlier. I would also be interested in seeing the results. I see you're trying to see if a "virtual" community has the same outcomes/benefits as a real one, would be interested to see if that is the case for most.

If it would be meaningful to your project, maybe set up a poll in a new thread on this website so that those, who like me, do not by default click posted links in environments like this for obvious security reasons (post #2) can take part if they wish.

Thanks for the suggestion, tirna. I appreciate that some users may be reluctant to take the survey because of the malicious nature of certain websites.

Unfortunately though, setting up a poll would not suffice for my research as it wouldn't be able to accommodate all of the questions presented in the survey. Moreover, the website I use (and link to) is a well-established online survey host, plus I'd have no idea how to insert malicious codes even if I wanted to.

And I hope you can confirm that you haven't discovered anything dangerous or suspicious in my survey link!

Quote Originally Posted by ms09nk View Post
    .........And I hope you can confirm that you haven't discovered anything dangerous or suspicious in my survey link!
    I can't because I won't be clicking it.

I didn't discover anything malicious when I clicked the link and took the survey.

The site required JavaScript, an immediate tip-off that something is amiss.
    “The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.”
    —Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

Update

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update regarding the survey - I'll be closing the survey on 21st August (this Saturday), so if you wanted to share your opinions but haven't yet done so, you have two more days in which to take the survey.

Thank you to all those who already helped in my research. I await interesting results!

Kind regards,

Nikita

Thread Information