www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CSS Issue on Chrome/FF but works fine on IE

Hybrid View

CSS Issue on Chrome/FF but works fine on IE

Title says it all. I'm working on a calendar based on a tutorial online, and I have it working beautifully on IE but it doesn't want to look right on Firefox or Chrome. Any suggestions? I haven't done a lot with CSS so it's probably just something simple.

http://marchingrebels.org/Testing/Calendar2.php

Thank you!

Your link does not work

Oh sorry, it's just Calendar not 2.

Your problem lies with the fact that table data doesn't/shouldn't support position:relative property within FF or Chrome...

Your only solution is inside all your <td>*calendar data*</td> tags add a <div style="position:relative;">*calendar data*</div> to wrap the data inside each table data.

So sample is:

Code:
    <td class="calendar-day"><div class="day-number">15</div><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p></td>
    make it:

Code:
    <td class="calendar-day"><div style="position:relative;"><div class="day-number">15</div><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p></div></td>
    Granted your styles break a little but this should get you on the right track.

Thank you, that fixed the numbers. There is still the problem that the days are smaller in chrome than in IE for some reason. It looks right in IE.

Thread Information