dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Converting javascript data do php

Post Converting javascript data do php

hi all... i'm trying to use a vector that is returned from a javascript datatable to a php session variable.. i've got the following code:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

function fnFormatDetails ( oTable, nTr )
    {
    var aData = oTable.fnGetData( nTr );
    var sOut = '<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="padding-left:50px;">';
    sOut += '<tr><td><br>Email:'+aData[3]+'<br>Contact: '+aData[4]+'<br></td><td></td></tr>';
    sOut += '<tr><td><a href=showcompany.php">Consultcomp</a><?$_SESSION['id']= $aData[0]?></td></td></tr>';
    //sOut += '<tr><td>Extra info:</td><td>And any further details here (images etc)</td></tr>';
    sOut += '</table>';

return sOut;
    }

i know that i cant simply convert directly a javascript structure to php.. i just wrote the code in red to explain what i'm trying to do... i need to pass the id from the row in datatable to use on php code on the showcompany.php

i hope that you understand my question.
    thanks..

One way is to write javascript code to append a query string (containing the name/value pair for the data you want to send) to showcompany.php

I've used JavaScript to change the value of a hidden variable that then must be submitted.

Thread Information