dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Web Analytics for Intranet

Web Analytics for Intranet

My company is in the search process for using web analytics on our company intranet application. Anyone have any recommendations for some 3rd party software to accomplish this?

We use Google analytics for the public site, but according to the documentation, we have to use a fully qualified domain name for the intranet it order for it to work with google.

use GA after you configure it correctly. you don't need real names. heck, you don't even have to have a directory structure; you can tell GA to track pages that don't exist. Check the GA docs again.
    i've accidentally tracked entire sites' activities on private dev servers, it all shows up in your account report.

I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Our intranet address is:

http://intranet

so it doesn't have a .com address

if you already have a GA account, pretend that your intranet is a subdomain for tracking purposes.

with the right config you could create a call to GA for sub.abc.com from xyz.com, even if sub.abc.com (or even abc.com) didn't exist.

Google Analytics isn't good for Intranets for a few reasons, one of which is the domain issue.

There are a few open source options like webalizer or awstats but if you want something that's actively developed and supported you should check out a commercial product. Angelfish Sotware comes to mind.

Do you use SharePoint?

Thread Information