www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: FF has problems with IFrames? scrolling and height

FF has problems with IFrames? scrolling and height

Hello,

I was always a fan of FireFox but now I am starting to hate it. I am changing my page to have IFrames and now FireFox is a pain in the ass, whereas IE works like a charm!

I have my Iframe as follows:
    Code:
    <iframe id="leftiframe" src="<?=$page?>" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; width:100&#37;;">
    </iframe>
    But FireFox keeps on showing me Scrollbars in my IFrame, where scrolling=no. Why doesn't FireFox understand I don't want scrollbars. Furthermore the size of the IFrame is not reported correctly within FireFox. Not with offsetHeight, clientHeight, scrollHeight or whatever.

See http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=235667 for my second FireFox problem. Is this a bug in FireFox, since it is really starting to bug me!

And it also shows me a strange horizontal Scrollbar, where I have no clue where it is coming from. IE works here fine again. See muzieknew.wajow.com for all the FireFox errors.

The first two problems seem to be fixed. Only the strange horizontal scrollbar is still available. Any thoughts?

I found a few posts suggesting adding overflow:hidden will do it , such as

#leftiframe{overflow:hidden;}

worth a shot..

well it isn't the leftiframe that causes it. It is only in FireFox and in the site without Iframes (muziek.wajow.com) there is also a scrollbar for some reason. With firebug it gives me that all object sizes are correct so no need for the horizontal scrollbar

Quote Originally Posted by WhatJac View Post
    well it isn't the leftiframe that causes it. It is only in FireFox and in the site without Iframes (muziek.wajow.com) there is also a scrollbar for some reason. With firebug it gives me that all object sizes are correct so no need for the horizontal scrollbar
    On my system all browsers produce a horizontal scrollbar, so it must be a CSS problem.

I mean only the horizontal scrollbar. That one should not be there. The vertical scrollbar should be everywhere.

IE shows a non scrollable horizontal scrollbar, whereas FireFox shows a scrollable scrollbar and that is very strange

Thread Information