www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Java error/tomcat error

Java error/tomcat error

Ok, so i don't know where to up this because I can't decide where there error is residing in. My first assumption would be Tomcat but we don't have a forum for that so here I go.

To simplify things I will try to make the methods as dumbed down as possible otherwise it would be a pain.
    Code:
    So I have 4 Methods for this case A-D

so the code flows similiar to this.

Code:

method A
    {
    Vector = method B
    if(Vector.isEmpty())
        System.out.println("Error occured");
    }
    Vector methodB
    {
    this.methodC
    }
    methodC
    {
    this.methodD
    }
    methodD
    {
                 if(StringUtils.isNumeric())
                          .....does things
    }
    So this is the generic flow. What is happening is that the StringUtils.isNumeric method is not doing anything(no errors nothing). But then the program continues with MethodA NOT MethodB as is supposed to happen.

I doubt it is anything to do with the code since I can run it on another development machine, and it runs fine. This makes me think that it has something to do with tomcat, but I don't know where to look or how to find it. If anyone here can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

after 7 hrs. Once again it was an easy problem to fix. And it took some other guy 10 mins to find. Problem is that I did not have the most up-to-date commons.lang jar file. I was using what ever version tomcat was using which I assume is in java 1.6. So by putting in the commons-lang-2.4.jar into my lib directory in tomcat. It fixed the issue. I believe I need to go look in the mirror i think I have a few gray hairs.

Thread Information