dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Adobe Flasher (not Adobe Flash)

resolved [RESOLVED] Adobe Flasher (not Adobe Flash)

A friend's game popped up a message that the Adobe Flasher plugin is broken and needs to be reinstalled, which he can do by clicking a link. It says Flasher, not Flash!

I did a search at adobe.com. "Flasher" was not found.

Please don't post a message saying that you think this might be a scam. I think it might be a scam, too, and agreeing with me won't help.

What will help is if anyone has any information about a product named Adobe Flasher. Also, do you have any evidence that it is legitimate, or do you have any evidence that it is a scam?

Many thanks for your help!

What game was he playing? If you cannot find any information on Google about this " Adobe Flasher" then I would suspect it to be a malicious program/code trying to infect the user when and if he clicks the link. Sorry I couldn't give you any solid information but there is nothing out there on it.

Depending on the message itself it is possible that the developer of the game mistyped. Can you provide a screen shot and a little more detail (like browser, what the game is, etc)?

The game itself is not the issue. A google search revealed other websites and applications that give that same error message. The question is: Do you have any evidence that it is legitimate, or do you have any evidence that it is a scam? After I decide that issue, then I will be in a better position to judge the game.

There would be no way for anyone to prove one way or the other without more information.

Exclamation

I'm not looking for proof; I'm just looking for evidence. I am hoping to connect with someone who has some experience with this thing called "Adobe Flasher." If it truly exists, then there will be someone out there with some experience with it. As for whether or not they frequent webdeveloper.com, that's another question.

For anyone else reading this: If you have no real experience with Adobe Flasher or the people behind it, I don't think you will be able to help me. When it comes to reading error messages and doing google searches and reading source code on web pages and arriving at probable conclusions, I can do that with the best of them. And I already have. And I've come to the conclusion that it sounds like a typo in some cases and a scam trying to take advantage of a typo in other cases.

I posted this question in the hope of finding someone with real live hands-on experience with this thing or the people behind it. The guesswork stage of my research is already complete. I am looking for first-hand facts now.

My point is none of us will be able to deduce any facts based on what evidence you have presented. Without a link to view ourselves or access to code in any way we couldn't tell you anything about the problem. As far as I know Adobe Flasher doesn't exist as a google search didn't bring much more than a few obvious typos so I'm not sure how you've found other "sites with the same problem".

resolved Thanks For Your Help

I have left this thread here for a few days and have not found anyone who has used anything named Adobe Flasher, so I got the information I was looking for. Based on this fact and the research I did with Google searches, I am concluding that there is no such application as Adobe Flasher. All the Google hits appear to be the result of mistyping.

My apologies if I caused anyone frustration by not providing the information you were looking for. The information you were asking for was not available to me. If I had had it, I would have provided it.

Thread Information