www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: WordPress MCE Editor is stripping my HTML.

WordPress MCE Editor is stripping my HTML.

Hi.
    I am new to Wordpress and am having trouble with the built in MCE Editor, I have installed the new MCE Advanced plugin.

When I copy and paste html into the Wordpress editor and hit publish, it strips my tags.

It will turn this : <div class="square" id="t1"></div>. To this: <div class="square"></div>
    and <div id="slideshow-container"> , becomes : <div>.

Do you know of a valid tutorial on how to mod the editor to allow all markup to remain intact. I have not run across very many helpful tips and the ones I have found did not work.

Thanks in Advance.

_js

This is Word Press 3.0 and none of the old fixes to valid_elements in the tiny_mce_config.php file are valid anymore because they dropped the timy_mce_config.php file. So I am lost.....

Sorry, I've never used that plug-in. I just use the built-in editor (I'm still on 2.9.x, as I didn't feel like finding out what 3.0 might break), and use the "HTML" tab in the post editor when I want to input HTML mark-up.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

thanks I may downgrade to 2.9. does your html editor turn <div id="s" class="r"> into <div class="r"> or <div class="r"> into <div> , when you hit the update button ?

Quote Originally Posted by snaphead View Post
    thanks I may downgrade to 2.9. does your html editor turn <div id="s" class="r"> into <div class="r"> or <div class="r"> into <div> , when you hit the update button ?
    Actually, I just upgraded to 3.0.x this weekend, as the template author just released a 3.0-compatible version of the template I'm using. I just tried editing a post using the HTML tab in the basic (non-plugin) editor, and it seemed to work fine. I added <div id="r" class="s">test</div> to a post, saved it, viewed it in my browser, and confirmed that the mark-up was as entered when I did a "view source" in the browser.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

eBookworm.us

well that is strange, and in the back of my mind, it seems like it did work at one time. That means I am not quite sure where I went wrong. Thanks for the info, now I need to look for simpler answers. Maybe reinstall it? Do you think a plugin could be messing with it?

Are you by any chance accidentally creating duplicate ID values? Maybe the editing software is "smart" enough to detect duplicate ID's and removes them (since [X]HTML ID's must be unique)? Pure speculation on my part, as I've not tested it.

eBookworm.us

no cuz it will do it on a new page with only one id in it. I have been told it is mceeditor that is doing this and it is only the id of a div tag that is affected.
    there is a way to change it using tinyMCE.init({ }); but dont know where to find this or how to properly write this the documentation is pretty vague.

Thread Information