www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Images are choppy? Why?

Hybrid View

Question Images are jagged? Why?

Why are my high resolution images getting choppy and jagged on the thumbnails????? Any Ideas???
    www.rubenarevalo.com/Universal.php
    Last edited by Ruben Arevalo; 10-11-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Well they don't seem all that jagged to me...
    but, you are stuffing a rectangle image into a perfectly square box, 64px X 64px, which changes the aspect ratio of the original image. This distortion of the image might be what you are seeing.
    EfV

Quote Originally Posted by Eye for Video View Post
    Well they don't seem all that jagged to me...
    but, you are stuffing a rectangle image into a perfectly square box, 64px X 64px, which changes the aspect ratio of the original image. This distortion of the image might be what you are seeing.
    EfV
    The light reflecting off of the furniture in the thumbnails are choppy until you either zoom in on them or have them show as the main picture. I don't mind the distorted 64x64 that's fine but is that the culprit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Arevalo View Post
    The light reflecting off of the furniture in the thumbnails are choppy until you either zoom in on them or have them show as the main picture. I don't mind the distorted 64x64 that's fine but is that the culprit?
    You will be far better off creating those thumbnails in a graphics program, at the 64x64 size, and using those instead. Having the web browser downsize your images like this is not the right way to do it, and web browsers are not known for their image manipulation quality...

Dave

hi im the new guy

i poked the new post button and nuthing so i hope you dont mind this reply till i get the hang of things. ok heres the story.. i have a link on my web page for users to go to my web cam. they click the link. and my web cam says. click here to see if my cam is online. if it is they see my cam. if it is not ie explorer shows a page saying it cant find that page. is there a way to go to a page of my own on default if the web cam is not online when a user clicks to see it

Have you created that page ("not on-line")?
    The reaction to viewer response is a server side process. So what ever script up are using to detect if the cam is on-line, you need to alter that code to point back to your "not on-line" web page. None of that just happens automagically.
    EfV

Thread Information