www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: NewsPaper Website

Question NewsPaper Website

Dear Freinds,
    I want to develop a newspaper website independently.Please Suggest me what can be a right strategy to develop it in J2EE.If we talk in terms of performance and scalability would it be possible to make my project with the help of Servlets and JSPs without using any particular web service or Design Pattern?If it is not so then which one can a suitable design pattern in J2EE that can fulfill my purpose?

believe me, websites are much easier to build with php, asp, javascript, etc. They were made for the web, so i would highly suggest those languages over java

Please do not bash Java when it sounds like you have no understanding of what it can do.

With the various Java frameworks for web out there, someone who has a basic understanding of Java and webdevelopment can easily create a robust website in Java just as easily as in the other languages you mention.

Archie

Quote Originally Posted by Ankit_Tripathi View Post
    Dear Freinds,
    I want to develop a newspaper website independently.Please Suggest me what can be a right strategy to develop it in J2EE.If we talk in terms of performance and scalability would it be possible to make my project with the help of Servlets and JSPs without using any particular web service or Design Pattern?If it is not so then which one can a suitable design pattern in J2EE that can fulfill my purpose?
    What you want to undertake sounds like a huge enterprise, can you be more specific about what you want your newpaper site to do?

Archie

I was merely suggesting different languages, so don't condescend to me. I don't know who you think you are. There is just simply more documentation on web development with other languages.

Quote Originally Posted by ky0ung View Post
    I was merely suggesting different languages, so don't condescend to me. I don't know who you think you are. There is just simply more documentation on web development with other languages.
    I think the point was that someone who knows where to look can find information for Java just like the other languages mentioned. Java is not worse than the others...it is just that some projects (and developers) are more suited for a particular language over another. FYI Java was one of the original "web languages" before at least php by a long shot.

Thread Information