www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CSS Menu windows/mac safari problem

CSS Menu windows/mac safari problem

Sorry for the repost but i didnt know how to delete from other thread. Anyway....

The safari I have installed on my PC Windows 7 64bit computer sees the CSS menu on the website just fine with the right colors but if you view it on a Mac with Safari it changes to a different color... is this because I need to use web colors for the website? Can I use color #f7941f on a website?
    www.upliftcabinets.com

PS. Thanks in advance.
    PSS. This site is great.

Ruben Arevalo

How different is the color? Can you post an image for us?

It isn't unusual to have colors look different between Windows and Mac, not red on Windows blue on Mac different, but a different tint of the color.

Here is the picture of the menu in Safari.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are you talking about your content overflowing your shadow? It looks that way in other non-IE browsers as well (chrome, etc). The color in your snapshot looks the same as the page does on my Chrome browser.

still working out other kinks but other then that the main issue is that safari on a mac ( has to be a mac ) shows a different color background in the css menu than the ones in internet explorer or firefox.

The background color is identical on my PC as the image you uploaded.

Is it possible to do this with no background color for the regular state and only set a background color on hover? Do you need the background color to resolve another issue?

Also make sure that your image is being saved without any embedded color profile. Safari seems to recognize and apply color profiles on the mac.
    Last edited by qjensen; 10-15-2010 at 11:57 AM.

good idea ill give it a try... BTW i dont know what you mean by mac profile... if you could please elaborate.

Color profiles are special instructions embedded inside of an image that can cause different output devices to render the color differently. They have been used for quite a while in the printing/prepress world but can cause problems in the web world.

I can't get the same color in the CSS menu on my website in mac/safari and windows/safari. What's going on???

ww.Rubenarevalo.cm

here is a picture of what is happening:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you perhaps have your brightness/contrast adjusted differently between the two monitors?

I don't think so because the people who own the mac (where the picture came from) are very inept when it comes to computers. So I am assuming that they their setting are still at default.

I will still check though.......

nope... just checked and that's not it. I tried a different mac and the same problem occurred.

Is your windows box set with a darker contrast/brightness perhaps?

Thread Information