dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: A newbie wants to build a survey page.

A newbie wants to build a survey page.

Hi, everyone. I'm a college instructor and I'm considering building some web-based instructional applications. The university provides us a personal webpage space, a 10G online storage space, so I'm thinking about put the applications there. I don't want to rent a server or buy a domain if I don't have to.

Since I don't know much about web-based programming, I want to start with a simple survey webpage--just something easy and similar to what I eventually want to do. I want the survey page allow students log in and answer one or two multiple choice questions.

Would you please tell me an easy solution/strategy/architecture? If you have an example, please refer me to it. I just need to get started.

Thank you very much!

I'm wondering if I can just make some webpages and let them do all the work. Is that the right way to go?

What is your topic you are teaching? If the students are not computer majors it might not be realistic to expect them to build or even complete a survey tool for you.

No, I'm not going to ask my students to build any web pages. I want to build something that I can ask my students to use.

I teach economics. I wish I could eventually build an online auction simulation application (and other things) so that I can ask my students to play it. There are some e-learning products that can do this, but I'd like to build something of my own.

I suggest looking for some existing software that meets your needs first. There are tons of survey tools out there for little to no money that just require installation/administration.

i agree with criterion9's opinion. useful software may help a lot.

Thread Information