Thread: Web Application Framework That Meets These Requirements

Web Application Framework That Meets These Requirements

I am new to Web Application Development (from Desktop Development) and I am going to be building a WordPress Plugin. I need to find a Web Application Framework to use and Architecture (MVC, Push-Based, Pull-Based or 3 Tier). I am looking for recommendations of what Framework would best suit my Plugin Requirements below:

I hope this kind of question is allowed on this forum, as I know the Nazis on Stack Overflow (touch-in-check not literal) would eviscerate me for asking this but it IS a legitimate question asking for Experienced Advice from Experienced Programmers about the Framework that meets certain requirements rather than 'Which framework do you think is best' or an opinion on a framework.

If you dont know WordPress Plugins are PHP based with a WordPress API. The front end is obviously HTML, CSS, Javascript and JQuery.

The plugin will allow users to build Sliders using a Visual Designer.

- Visual Editor: create, rotate, drag, resize and edit Text, Image and Button widgets
    - Load and Save Sliders to the WordPress database (as WP Options).
    - Dynamic UI: The user clicks a button and a new row(li) is added to a list, lists can be reordered/sorted, includes sliders (as JQuery UI sliders with ranges), HTML5 Video elements that play as the user scrolls. So a click of a button is going to require some javascript to generate that new li and also postback this change to the server - so it appears a framework that has Model binding (bind the List to a Server model) would be best suited.
    - Generally the communication between the client and the server is only going to be; Get Slider, Save Slider.

Is a simple Push-Based framework most suitable to these requirements? Is MVC more suitable? Would you recommend Angular.JS then?

Any experienced advice would be extremely helpful.

Hi and welcome.

I'm afraid that it seems that your query is too specific to get a reply...

Thread Information