dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Shifted Images in IE and FFox

Shifted Images in IE and FFox

Hey forum,

I have been building this website (first one), and I think it looks perfect in Opera and Chrome, however, it has problems in IE and Fire Fox.

In IE the Brick wall navigation is raised by 1 pixel leaving behind a white line.

In FireFox all of the buttons on the brick wall are shifted by a few pixels. AND The background image color and the background color no longer match (they do in all other browsers!)

Does anyone know the fix for this?

Super big thanks in advance!

I suppose your using CSS to format your website. Theirs not much anyone can say to help you without seeing the code for your website.

Different browsers interpret code differently, their might be a better way to format the layout but we need to see the code first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I suppose your using CSS to format your website. Theirs not much anyone can say to help you without seeing the code for your website.

Different browsers interpret code differently, their might be a better way to format the layout but we need to see the code first.

I am an idiot....

www.whatyoushouldbedoingrightnow.com

And yes I am using CSS.

Ok. You are missing a file on the server..

http://whatyoushouldbedoingrightnow....ges/spacer.gif

something i found was weird though.. when i downloaded your website to my computer it had a spacer.gif file...

All i did to fix the problem was make a 1px x 1 px black square in paint and save it as 'spacer.gif' and it fixes the problem in firefox etc..

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Ok. You are missing a file on the server..

http://whatyoushouldbedoingrightnow....ges/spacer.gif

something i found was weird though.. when i downloaded your website to my computer it had a spacer.gif file...

All i did to fix the problem was make a 1px x 1 px black square in paint and save it as 'spacer.gif' and it fixes the problem in firefox etc..

Hope this helps.
    Can't wait to try this! Will reply soon.

No luck. It seems to fix the problem for an instant as the page loads but the images just shift out of place a second later.

Heres what I did. Open file in photoshop. Adjust the canvas size to 1px x 1px. Paint the image black with the brush tool. Save image as spacer.gif . Placed the image in both the main directory and the Images folder with the other images.

Not sure if I did something wrong...

I still cannot access the 'gif' on the server..

Request URL:http://whatyoushouldbedoingrightnow....ges/spacer.gif
    Request Method:GET
    Status Code:404 Not Found

Thread Information