www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image Gallery for my clients

Hybrid View

Image Gallery for my clients

Looking for something for my clients, they want to upload and change images on their image gallery but I don't really want to make a CMS program for them since it's a low budget website.

Is there anything out there that might be able to help?

There are a ton of examples in this forum: use the "Search this forum" above.

Also a search on Google with "javascript image gallery" or some other word combinations.

I realize there are many javascript image galleries but what I am looking for isn't just something basic like that.

Looking for a gallery where the gallery is automatically generated by the images in a folder. He will not be able to edit the HTML or w/e code.

Can he/she edit a text file and upload that?
    Then you could use some ajax code to read the text file and display the images that way.

Or easier yet, edit an external JS file that contains only the filenames/descriptions of the images to be displayed.

I don't believe that JS can read a local/remote directory to display the images directly ... something about security issues.

Has this issue been resolved?

My client has no knowledge of html but would like to regularly update his home page with photo galleries.

Can we link photobucket image galleries to the website via html/javascript?

Quote Originally Posted by L3O View Post
    Has this issue been resolved?

My client has no knowledge of html but would like to regularly update his home page with photo galleries.

Can we link photobucket image galleries to the website via html/javascript?
    1st quesiton unknown: Original Person has yet to respond.

Your question: probably yes. Can you provide a link or url:filenames to your galleries?
    Also, do you have a link to the homepage?

yes. the homepage

i may use photobucket for my clients ease and familiarity, but found this Gallery3 and have it installed on the website. sample gallery page

Im trying to figure out how I can integrate the two or edit the css on the Gallery3 file itself.... but i cant seem to find it :\

Thread Information