www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: [RESOLVED] Place backslashes into a newly created javascript file

resolved [RESOLVED] Place backslashes into a newly created javascript file

Hi all,

First, I know that this is partially a PHP code, however; the portion that I need help with is Javascript so I decided to put it in the javascript category. This code takes the text contained in $code5 and puts it in a .js file. The problem is that when the text in $code5 is placed in the .js file, the backslashes (\) before the quotes (") are deleted. I need these backslashes to remain when the code is placed in the . js file. I tried adding a second backslash next to each backslah to see if that would work, but it didn't. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cedric

<?php
    // Create, edit and upload php file 5 (e.g. adp_1.js)
    $code5 = "ADPcontent$ad=\"<iframe src=\"popups/$page/$ad.php\" name=\"adpiframe\" id=\"adpiframe\" width=100% height=100% align=\"center\" Frameborder=\"0\" Scrolling=\"no\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\"></iframe><div style=\"cursorointer;position:absolute;top:0;right:$closebtn;background:url(popups/$page/pics/close.jpg) no-repeat; width:131px; height:40px\" onclick=\"UpdateContent('popup$ad','');hide('popup$ad')\"></div>\"";
    ?>
    <? $file5 = 'temp_files/'.$adp2.''.$ad.'.js'; ?>
    <? file_put_contents($file5, $code5); ?>

Instead of escaping the double quotes, use single quotes

Code:

$code5 = "ADPcontent$ad='<iframe src='popups/$page/$ad.php' name='adpiframe' ......

hi, thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggested and unfortunately it doesn't work with the code I have. Is there any way to leave it like it is with the double quotes? Thanks so much!

This is what i used taht didn't work:

<?php
    // Create, edit and upload php file 5 (e.g. adp_1.js)
    $code5 = "ADPcontent$ad='<iframe src='popups/$page/$ad.php' name='adpiframe' id='adpiframe' width=100% height=100% align='center' Frameborder='0' Scrolling='no' marginheight='0' marginwidth='0'></iframe><div style='cursorointer;position:absolute;top:0;right:$closebtn;background:url(popups/$page/pics/close.jpg) no-repeat; width:131px; height:40px' onclick='UpdateContent('popup$ad','');hide('popup$ad')'></div>'";
    ?>
    <? $file5 = 'temp_files/'.$adp2.''.$ad.'.js'; ?>
    <? file_put_contents($file5, $code5); ?>

Code:
    $code5 = "ADPcontent$ad='<iframe src='popups/$page/$ad.php'
    When you wrap variables in single quotes, they are not evaluated like they are when enclosed in double quotes, so you have to concatenate the variables.

Code:
    $code5 = "ADPcontent$ad='<iframe src='popups/".$page.'/'.$ad.php."'".......
    It boils down to personal choice. Imo I find it easier to concatenate variables than use escaped quotes because it is easier on my aging eyes.

Hi tirna,

Thanks for your continued help. Unfortunately I need it to look exactly as it does below (except to replace the variables with their values). I need all the double quotes and backslashes to be exactly as they when they are transfered to the .js file. Thanks so much

$code5 = "ADPcontent$ad=\"<iframe src=\"popups/$page/$ad.php\" name=\"adpiframe\" id=\"adpiframe\" width=100&#37; height=100% align=\"center\" Frameborder=\"0\" Scrolling=\"no\" marginheight=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\"></iframe><div style=\"cursorointer;position:absolute;top:0;right:$closebtn;background:url(popups/$page/pics/close.jpg) no-repeat; width:131px; height:40px\" onclick=\"UpdateContent('popup$ad','');hide('popup$ad')\"></div>\"";

hi all, does anyone have any ideas? thanks

figures it out. thanks to this page: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/...Variable_Types

apparently if i want the backslash to stay, i need to put 2 backslashes in there.

Thread Information