dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artwork Website

Artwork Website

Hi

I'm a non-professional graphic designer, and I was wondering if anyone would like some graphics work done. If so, please visit my site at

www.drstrangelove.co.uk

There are many wallpapers which can be used for free, along with other peices of work, which are all free.

Many Thanks

awesome

I like the plain navigation but the colours (the BRIGHT blue) makes a visit to the site a bit tough on the eyes... I stopped browsing because of that...

Yeah, I agree. The colors need to be toned back a little bit, in my opinion. Other than that, looks OK.

Which colours are you guys not happy with? The pale blue background(s)?

Your link tells me page cannot be found.

Sorry about that - Having some server problems at the moment.

It should be working now

Okay, it works now.

Were you being sarcastic by calling that pale? That colour is neon.

Oohh... Very hard on the eyes, that site. Loose the blue background, or fade it out a lot... I agree with momomo, I had to leave the site, due to the background.

OK, I'll have it toned down by the weekend

The colour scheme has been changed to a lighter colour set.
    I would appreciate any comments

Wink

Much better. (the colors I mean). But you could even downgrade the colors to plain white, makes the site look more profesional.

I tried white before, and I didn't like the outcome.

Any opinions on the wallpapers on the site?

Ok, I checked you web site a little more deeply. I have to tell you that the wallpapers are excellent. I also liked very much the monolith. There is no much else I can say about this.
    I think that you should keep going till you reach 1000!!!

About the web site, is looking ok, there are no mayor problems there. A few tips:

1: The menu. I will put there a javascript version of the same menu, with the posibility of putting tagged menus, for example inside gallery will be the four options under, etc. If you want some code for doing this I can send it to you, just email me, it's free for use. You can see an example of this working at my web site (that I started redesigning) or at www.nijlandshopsystems.nl (that I builded).

2: Try to see how it looks if you put the borders of the table at just 1 and not 4 or 5 as you have now, just try, if it doesn't look nice go back to the old way.

3: The latest table in the right of the web site is great, but I will put it off in the rest of the pages (leaving it on the home page), like that you have more space to put the rest of the content. This table makes all the pages look repetitive.

4: Try to put at the bottom of every page normal referencial links made with text. This will help you very much in the indexing by the search engines. (as now you have links with images in the menu and when spiders get to your home page can't find the rest of the pages, only those in normal links). Every site I build has this).

I can't think of anything else for now, but in overall the site looks good, the wallpapers and your work, even better!

Cheers.

Thanks for the input

1. I want to keep the menu as it is. Simple = Easy to maintain/Less to go wrong

2. I tried making the borders look smaller. I prefer the way it is

3. Thanks, I'll remove those as soon as possible

4. I used to have one of these menu's but I didn't impliment it on this site for some reason.

Thanks very much for you time.

Thread Information