www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to make site appear correctly on Droid?

How to make site appear correctly on Droid?

Hi!

I have an NS Ecommerce site that looks fine on different sized screens, except the Droid. It's not displaying quite the same way.

Is there a bit of code or script that can make it display properly for the size of the Droid, which is 480x854?

Thanks!

Are you displaying the web page using the Android pre-loaded Browser application OR you are writing your own display using the Android SDK ? That is, you use the Android SDK API to connect to Internet retrieve the information and then do your own display in the Android-powered device ?

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure I understand your answer. The standard browser is the Google one. Whether it is viewed with that one, Dolphin or another browser, the view is not correct. It seems to be related to the size of the screen's device.

My concern isn't my personal view of the site on Droid, but how it would appear to the average user of the Droid who is viewing it.

Is there a bit of code (like is built into some blog platforms) to detect that the visitor is accessing the site from the droid and adjust the view, accordingly?

Thanks!

Ok so what you mean is you have a website already written. Then using the browser application in Droid devices of different screen sizes to view your website the alignment may go hay-wire is it ?

You are asking if there is any meta tag need to be written on your website so the Droid browser application can know how to re-size your web pages display correctly ?

From Google Maps API website, it says iPhone devices respect <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

But for Android it seems you need to write an Android application specifically. Refer to http://code.google.com/apis/maps/art...ndroid_v3.html

I maybe wrong so please research other websites on display web-pages on Droid browser application.

Thread Information