dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Suggestions for development platform

Suggestions for development platform

I am new to developing complex websites. I can do a standard HTML with pictures and I can produce a site using Joomla. Now I am interested in doing something more complex and am looking for suggestions as to where to start. I was considering Joomla (since I already know it), but I want to start out with the correct architecture.

Lets say I want to develop a site focused solely on Donut Shops. At this sites you can search based on certain fields to find Donut Shops local to your area, including address and contact info, what services they offer, see reviews by customers and ratings, etc (Like you might see for a product at a web store like Amazon (each shop is the product)). I would also like the owner of the Donut Shop to be able to log in and administer their own shops info: hours, services, and such as well as respond to reviews.

So I need user management, store management, reviews, ratings, login, logout, user profiles where they can save their favorites so it seems like Joomla can do some of this, but maybe not all? What do you think? Thank you in advance.

Its not really for donut shops, but its a good analogy without giving away the farm.

You could always code a site from scratch, but seeing it would require lots of time and maybe extra helping hands on your side (which may not always be free ), you would do better learning how to create a CMS site.

Learn to make CMS from scratch or just use Joomla? Anyone else have any suggestions?

I meant creating a site using CMS.

Thread Information