www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: what is causing the size issues

what is causing the size issues

I am trying to figure out why my whole page container is staying one pixel size. I thought the body of the page was set by my body wrapper but when I try to adjust the size in the css nothing changes. Basically I have a group of images on the left side of my page and I am wanting to move them further left on the page so that I get more body space. It will make sense what I am asking if you look at it.
    Thanks
    http://www.themastersinn.com/home_test.html
    css http://www.themastersinn.com/layout.css

Did you figure it out by yourself yet? Looks fine to me. Not sure what you're trying to do? There's so many div's ending in one spot that I'm not sure which belongs to which. You should get into the habit of putting comments after the close of a div stating which it belongs to, especially on a test site that you need others to decipher.

I am looking at in firefox and it is definitely not right. I have a set of 4 images on the side that I am trying to move. And yeah I should get in the habit of adding those comments it is kind of a mess.

Are those four images part of your background image? I was trying to right click on them to view their names but I couldn't, presumably because they are the background image. Where are these four images located in your HTML/CSS?

It is the #bottomnav div and it is in the main css
    thanks

Add a negative left margin to that div.

Thread Information