www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Please help problems with IE and CSS / PHP

Unhappy Please help problems with IE and CSS / PHP

Hi there, sorry im new here but i have a serious problem;
    I changed the CSS style sheet for IE7 for my site http://bumblebbids.com , but now when using IE7 it has no graphics and all of the scripts code is printed ; I have tried replacing the original stylesheet but it made no difference, so please suggest ways that i can fix this? Ive also tried deleting the CSS file and it made no difference?

If not, would it be possible to have a 'Incompatible browser' message that only appears for IE7 users?

Im really stuck and am a student so cant afford a freelancer, but ive put so much time into this site i'd hate to see it aborted :/

Thanks a million,
    Hamish

I would always start by fixing the errors the validator is giving you. Pretty good odds that will solve the issue. IE (it fails in IE8 as well, by the way) tends to be more picky, in that it insists on valid code or it breaks.

Dave

Thanks alot Im terrible at code, but my site isnt showing anything i would expect to cause such problems, is there possibly a way that i can check whether the stylesheet has correctly linked? Thanks

I can't get to your site right now, but yes I think IE was not able to get the stylesheet imported.

Dave

Thanks

Yeh godaddy is down right now but i really appreciate your help tracknut i'd glady give you some free bids on the site if you sign up although its just starting so i cant afford to give away very many

Do you think renaming the CSS file and the code that links it could help to relink it?

Thanks once again
    BBB

I don't think your issue has anything to do with your CSS, I think it's all the other errors you've got. The validator has great descriptions of the problems and possible solutions, I recommend going through that output line-by-line seeing if you can figure out the bug, and coming back here to ask questions where you can't find the bug. You'll learn a lot more that way.

Dave

Yep your completely right; i took the corrected code from the bottom of the Validator, and saved it as a http://bumblebbids.com/test.html ; it works almost perfectly; so now begins the job of trying to fix the errors in the individual Php files;
    Im really grateful Tracknut, thank you
    BBB

Fixed

Its fixed I noticed the massive amount of meta tag errors and so went and just changed the Meta description, and hey presto its back up Once again, im really thankful for your help tracknut and am grateful to of found such a friendly and informative forum

Cool, glad to hear it!

Dave

Thread Information