www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Javascript alert box with buttons?

Javascript alert box with buttons?

Hi, I'm working on a website project for my XHTML class. I enjoy the HTML and CCS part of the course, but cannot stand javascript. I just don't understand it. This is an elective, I'm not a CS major/minor, just taking the class for fun to build on what I learned in high school. The last few assignments I've had have all dealt with javascript and I've managed to get by but I don't understand it. We've been working on a website all year adding in new techniques from what we've learned all year. The final project requires a working script, but that's not my question. My website is about weimaraners (I own two and I couldn't really think of anything else to make the site about). My script is going to ask the user if they have a dog, and if they do I'm going to have a window alert asking how old the dog is, and my function will output their dog's age in "dog-years." My question has to do with the first if statement. Would someone please explain as elementary as they can (or help me with the actual coding) on how to put Yes/No buttons on the first window alert. Thanks a ton, and please answer with haste seeing how I only have two days left to turn in the final website. Thanks once again, sanfor01.

Another thing I forgot to ask, is if someone would help me with the coding for this formula for calculating dog years?

The formula is: 10.5 dog years per human year for the first 2 years, then 4 dog years per human year for each year after.

Perhaps the easiest, but not exactly what you require, is a confirm dialog

As for the 'dog years', the formula is simple maths and hardly different in JavaScript.

We will help you further, but you must make an attempt to code it yourself.
    Show your code if it does not work.
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

Thread Information