www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: New website, what do you think?

New website, what do you think?

We have finally launched our long overdue new website at www.pipeten.com

All feedback is welcome.

The pink-ish purple works well for the pipe, but using that color for your entire background is a bad idea. The color draws your attention to it and away from the actual page contents. Try making the background a solid color like #333, or keep the current gradient background and change it to grayscale.

Yeah that was my first impression to, not sure about the purple background.

I tried out Jarrod's suggestion (making the bg #333) and took a screenshot
    Here - http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5...resellersh.png

Thanks, we'll have a think about that.

I disagree about the purple. If you switch to the suggested greyscale your site looks too similar to all the other hosting sites with that color scheme.

No point in standing out if it hurts your overall design aesthetic. Although after looking at the flat gray i'd recommend trying my second suggestion, keeping the current gradient background and making it grayscale and possibility increasing its contrast slightly. The differences in luminosity will bring some life into the background while not standing out, just as a background should behave.
    Last edited by Jarrod1937; 07-08-2010 at 09:52 PM.

The entire home page looks like an advertisement. I get lost in the many different colors going on - it is easy to lose focus. The fact that I have to scroll down the entire page to see the services/offerings is a HUGE turn off and probably a huge SEO faux pas.

I don't mind the pink too much but on certain monitors, it make look a little too vibrant.

What I do like is the navigation at the bottom, I think that should be the page contents.

Something a lot cleaner, I attached an idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bitter web veteran

I love it. It is very nice even with the purple bg. It dont draw my attention away from the center area

Good luch with your hosting.

resolved

Love the design and very simple, easy to read layout.

The purple is horrible and the guy in the picture looks like a young overdressed lad who really doesnt want to be there. If the guy is you, take the "young" comment as a compliment and change him for an IT person with a headset and a smile (in my opinion of course).

The main point is this, I would be happy to stay on your site, read about your services and even consider using your services.

Well done and take my feedback as opinion only.

Regards, Mark Birchall (Hex UK)

Quote Originally Posted by hexuk View Post
    ...change him for an IT person with a headset and a smile...
    Or a hot chic with a headset

I like the site, too. Looks very nice. Run with it and see what happens.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 6StringGeek View Post
    Or a hot chic with a headset

I like the site, too. Looks very nice. Run with it and see what happens.
    Yeah Vouch! Now click back up and review my sites please lol. Could do with feedback from an open minded member like yourself.

Very nice and a fresh breeze in a market that's dominated by blue/grey templates! Not sure about the footer though: the amount of (very technical) info makes it hard to pick anything, in particular for users without a lot of knowledge of hosting.

Considering the picture of the young man, his mimic doesn't reflect the word "passionate"… It's good to have a real person for a change though as opposed to another stock clone.
    Last edited by Pris; 07-21-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    What desert?

Nice site. The background doesn't bother me but you might consider changing it in any case. The purple pink, clearly, is going to distract some of your visitors. I think you could tone it down a little, retaining the overall look but not overwhelming the visitor with pink.

Nice site, though.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks for all your comments. They have been very useful.

Cheers.

I enjoy the color scheme, the name is unique but what's so original about the website that makes your slogan, "a fresh approach to web hosting"?

Thread Information